We’re in love with this new red-hot classic, which brings two of our favorite things (red wine and hot chocolate) together. Personalize individual cups with whipped cream, marshmallows or whatever else you fancy. Share this recipe with a friend or two; it can be easily doubled, tripled, or even quadrupled for your next holiday party.
Red Wine Hot Chocolate
The richness of our Pinot Noir-based hot cocoa is intense—like deepest, darkest fudge intense.
- 1 cup The Naked Grape Pinot Noir
- 2 handfuls of semi-sweet chocolate chips (you can also use dark chocolate)
- 1 ¼ cup of milk
- pinch of salt
- pinch of cinnamon
- In a medium pot, bring wine to a simmer on medium low heat.
- In a separate small pot melt the chocolate chips with ¼ cup milk on medium heat. Stir often.
- Once the chocolate has mostly melted, add the remaining 1 cup milk, a pinch of cinnamon and a pinch of salt to taste. Whisk until smooth.
- Once the wine is simmering pour the melted chocolate over and whisk until silky smooth. Pour into your favorite holiday mug, sit back and enjoy.